With Coconut Flour, Chia seed & Coconut Oil combined, this recipe is a protein and Omega 3 powerhouse!
Its important to use Niulife products in these recipes. Niulife Coconut Flour is specifically milled to a fine consistency and works great with baking. And our Extra Virgin DME® Coconut Oil has a unique taste which pairs exceptionally well with the lemon. Whenever we get feedback from customers that their recipe didn't work as expected, it is generally due to them using non-Niulife ingredients.
- 3/4 cup Niulife Coconut Flour
- 5 eggs
- 3 lemons, zest and juice
- 3 tbsps plain greek yoghurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup Niulife DME® Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Niulife Coconut Sugar
- Whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, yoghurt and honey until you have a smooth consistency.
- Add the lemon zest and most of the juice, reserving a tablespoon. Mix that tablespoon of juice with the tablespoon of Coconut Sugar and set it aside, you’ll need it later.
- Sift the coconut flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Gradually pour the egg mixture into the coconut flour, stirring to form a semi-runny batter.
- Fold in the chia seeds and pour the batter into a greased loaf tin. Bake at around 190° for around 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and make 4 to 6 vertical slits along the loaf. Across these gently pour the lemon juice and sugar mix.
- Put it back in the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely before taking out of the tin.