6 eggs from happy chooks
1/2 cup Niulife Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
1/2 cup organic raw honey
1/2 cup Niulife Organic Coconut Flour, sifted
Zest of 3 lemons
Juice of 3 lemons (1/2 cup)
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp baking powder
Good pinch of Celtic sea salt
24 fresh or frozen organic raspberries
Honey Lemon Topping (optional):
2 tbsp Niulife Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
2 tbsp honey
zest of 1 lemon
*I prefer coconut shreds as it gives a wonderful coarse texture to the muffin
- Firstly mix the chia seeds into the lemon juice to allow the seeds to swell, set aside.
- Place the eggs, coconut oil, honey, coconut flour and the shredded or desiccated coconut into a bowl and mix until combined. Let this stand for around five minutes allowing the coconut flour to absorb the moisture. Add the lemon juice and chia seeds along with the lemon zest, baking powder and salt, mix until all the ingredients are combined.
- Using baking cups, spoon in muffin mixture, top with two fresh or frozen organic raspberries.
- Bake at 175 degrees Celsius for 20-25 minutes.
- For the topping place all ingredients into a double boiler and heat gently while stirring. Once combined take off the heat and drizzle over cooled muffins and sprinkle with extra shreds.
- These muffins are great served with your favourite full fat yoghurt or whipped cream.