Current job opportunities at Kokonut Pacific / Niulife
Alignment to our Vision, Mission and Values is very important for all our staff, not just having the right skills. You can download a copy of these from this link.
This role is an opportunity for you to be part of our story, working with the executive team in our Queanbeyan office.
Qualifications & experience
- Preferred experience - at least 5 years in a medium-sized company in a similar if not greater role. University accounting qualification and professional membership. Experience with the FMCG health food sector valued.
- Good IT skills are essential, preferably with an ERP (we use Netsuite)
- Experience with managing cash flow
- Experience in managing foreign currency would be an advantage
- Tasks & responsibilities
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, preparing monthly journals, and investigating variances in general ledger accounts
- Assist in preparing a monthly management report and quarterly board report.
- Annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasting
- Help set up new systems for managing cash flow and then oversee it.
- Manage Superannuation and Payroll support
- Manage insurances including annual review
- Assisting in identification and implementation of process improvements including the development of effective reports and knowledge management and ensuring financial controls and processes are followed.
- You will report to the Operations Manager and have the support of a half-time bookkeeper.
- $80K + super pro-rata working 16 hours a week.
- Flexibility; opportunity to structure your own hours and weekly work-flow
- Can work from home once established in the role and then come in as needed for relevant meetings
- Work as part of the executive team (made up of the Managing Director, Sales, Marketing, and Operations Managers)
- Do good through using your talents & passion. 100% of our profit goes to our charity, with projects in the Solomon Islands, one of the poorest Pacific Island nations. Your contribution to joining “island farmer to Australian consumer” will positively impact the lives of thousands of people.
Who we are
A for-purpose business, that uses the profit from our commercial activities to support & deliver development projects; primarily to village-based communities in developing countries, with a focus on the Solomon Islands & the Pacific. We are the group that first introduced organic virgin coconut oil, and many other coconut products, to Australia. Our company is vertically integrated; manufacturing & distributing our DME equipment, processing, importing, packing coconut oil, as well as other coconut-related products. Our health food brand, Niulife, is our retail focus and part of the value chain that connects our remote Pacific Island communities to discerning Australian consumers.