This rainbow bounty slice is a cafe-style version of a traditional supermarket treat, the Bounty Bar! It has a brownie base, a sweet coconut filling and a chocolate ganache topping with a sprinkling of pistachios. This delicious recipe from Rainbow Nourishments is kid friendly and uses our organic coconut butter, organic desiccated coconut and organic coconut syrup.
2 cups pecans or walnuts
1 cup dates, soaked in water for 4 hours then drained
1/2 cup cacao powder
Pinch of Himalayan salt
Filling (see notes for flavours)
1 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup Niulife Organic Coconut Butter, (creamed coconut) softened
1/2 cup maple syrup or rice malt syrup
1/2 cup cacao butter
1/2 cup coconut cream
1/4 cacao powder
1/4 Niulife Organic Coconut Syrup, or to taste
- Add pecans/walnuts to a food processor and blitz until coarse crumbs. Add the rest of the base ingredients and process until combined.
- Press mixture into the base of a lined loaf tin (this recipe used a 28 x 13cm rectangular tin).
- For the filling, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl and mix until combined. Mix in flavourings if desired (see notes).
- Firmly press filling into the loaf tin.
- For the chocolate topping, melt the cacao butter in a saucepan over low heat until just melted. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined. If there is still oil floating on the top, emulsify by using a whizz stick.
- Pour the chocolate mixture on top of coconut filling and decorate as desired.
- Set aside in the fridge for 6 hours or until the coconut is firm. You'll know when it's set when you can press the chocolate and there is no indentation.
Cherry bounty: 1/2 cup dried cherries and 1/4 beetroot
Raspberry bounty: 2/3 cup raspberries, 1/4 cup beetroot, extra 1/4 cup coconut butter
Mint bounty: 1 cup mint leaves, 1/2 cup loose spinach leaves, dash of peppermint essential oil
Lemon & turmeric bounty: juice and zest of 2 lemons, 1 tbsp turmeric powder
For the cherry, raspberry, and mint bounty, add flavourings to half the bounty mixture in a food processor and blitz until combined. Mix flavoured bounty filling with the remaining plain filling.