This vibrant superfood bowl is so healthy and delicious, you'll want to serve it up to your guests on a warm summers evening. It packs a punch with a ton of raw veggies, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats into one meal. Bursting with flavour and texture, it's easy to see why this is our go-to summer salad!
Prep Time: 20 min
1 young green coconut (often sold as drinking coconuts, mature brown coconut flesh tends to be too hard for noodle making)
1 cup shelled edamame
1 large carrot
1 cup purple cabbage, thinly chopped
2-4 leaves of kale (about 2 cups, chopped)
Optional toppings: crushed cashews or peanuts, coriander, lime wedge, spring onions, sesame seeds
Optional protein: add grilled chicken or salmon, raw tuna, prawns, beef etc for extra protein
Spicy Satay Dressing
1/4 cup raw peanut butter
2 tablespoons Niulife Coconut Cider Vinegar
2 - 3 tablespoons coconut milk
1 tablespoon Niulife Cocomino Original sauce
1 tablespoon Niulife Organic Coconut Syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
pinch of chilli flakes
1) Using a coconut noodle maker, scrape the end with small rings through the soft flesh of a young coconut (after cracking open the nut of course and enjoying the delicious coconut water inside). Set aside.
2) Spiralize the raw zucchini and carrots (or grate or chop). Set aside.
3) Thinly chop the cabbage and kale. Set aside.
4) Prepare the edamame as per package instructions as well as any optional toppings or protein.
5) Add all the ingredients for the dressing into a bowl and whisk together until well combined and creamy.
6) Arrange noodles and veggies into two serving bowls. Top with optional protein and toppings and drizzle over the dressing.