- 1¼ cup puffed rice
- ½ cup buckwheat grouts
- 1 cup dates
- ¼ cup rice malt syrup
- 2 tbsp Niulife Coconut Syrup
- 1 tbsp boiling water
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 355°F fan forced and line a baking tray and a bread loaf tin with grease proof paper.
- Toast the puffed rice and buckwheat, by pouring them onto the lined baking tray and toasting in the preheated oven for 8 mins. Remove and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile make the Salted Butterscotch. Blend all the ingredients together in a food processor until a thick and creamy paste forms.
- In a large bowl, add the Salted Butterscotch and toasted puffed rice and buckwheat. Stir well to combine. Evenly spread into the lined bread loaf tin. Place in the freezer while you make the chocolate.
- Make the chocolate. Add all the ingredients to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until the coconut oil has melted. Pour over the butterscotch base. Return to the freezer for 15 minutes to set.
- Remove and cut into 18 small squares. Enjoy.
Store covered in the freezer for up to 1 month.