Enjoy our seriously delicious Vegan and Paleo Carrot Cake Bliss Balls! You can pack them into your bag to eat on the go, save them for a sneaky after lunch treat or pair them with a drizzle of our Niulife Organic Coconut Syrup and serve them up to the family for dessert! Recipe from one of our favourites... @earthlingsasha
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 4 pitted medijool dates
- Handful of walnuts (roughly around 30 walnuts)
- 1 1/2 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 1/4 cup melted Niulife Coconut Oil
- Soak the dates and walnuts in hot water and set aside in a bowl. This will let them soften up and be easier to blend.
- Finely grate the carrots and add to a blender or food processor.
- Combine the soaked dates and walnuts into the blender/food processor with the carrots.
- Add in all the remaining ingredients and pulse your food processor.
- You will want the batter to hold together when pressed. If the batter is too sticky, add in small amounts of oats or flour until it becomes thicker. If the batter is too doughy, add small amounts of melted coconut oil until perfect consistency is reached.
- Use your hands to roll small portions of the batter into small balls.
- Coat or top your bliss balls with an optional topping of choice. I used Niulife Coconut Chips and Niulife Desiccated Coconut.
- Place in the freezer for 5 minutes prior to serving.
- Eat and enjoy!