4 tablespoons of boiling water
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1/3 cup cacao
A dash of peppermint
- Mix the coconut milk and boiling water until smooth over low heat.
- Add in the maple syrup, cacao powder and stir to combine.
- Add in the peppermint, mix through and pour into moulds.
- Freeze until set & coat with chocolate.
We coated our truffles with a healthy chocolate mix, the recipe is below:
3/4 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup cacao butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons rice
- Melt the cacao butter on the stove over low heat.
- Once liquid, remove and whisk through cacao powder.
- Add vanilla and 2 tablespoons of rice malt and continue to mix. Rice malt is optional, you can use stevia or no sweetener at all.
- For our truffles, we omitted the sweetener, as we wanted a dark rich chocolate coating with a crack as you bit into it!
- Store these truffles in the freezer. They can be stored for up to 4 weeks.