1/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup Niulife Cocomino
¼ cup water
1 tbsp Niulife Organic Coconut Syrup (can substitute for honey or maple syrup)
A pinch of chilli powder
2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 inches of ginger, grated or cut finely
1 onion, diced
3 cups of a seasonal vegetables, thinly sliced (I used half a broccoli, 3 small carrots, 1/3 a capsicum)
1 cup edamame beans
1 cup snow peas
2 tightly packed cups kale, shredded
450g firm organic tofu
- Wash and prepare vegetables for cooking.
- Choose a base, for example, rice noodles, rice, quinoa and prepare as per packet instructions.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, Niulife Cocomino, water, chilli powder and Niulife Organic Coconut Syrup.
- Cut tofu into 2cm cubes. In a large non-stick frying pan add 1 tbsp coconut oil and tofu and fry until crisp and golden, make sure to stir to cover all edges.
- In a large wok or frying pan add onion and 1 tbsp of Niulife Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and sauté for 4 minutes or until golden and fragrant. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for another minute. Add the seasonal vegetables, edamame and snow peas and cook for 5 minutes, until they begin to become tender. Add kale and satay sauce and stir for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with your preferred base such as noodles or a whole grain like rice or quinoa, assemble stirfry with fried tofu and top with a squeeze of lime juice, a drizzle of sesame oil and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Serves 4