Hello, our beautiful cookies. You are all looking mighty fine today! These cookies are choc chunk and macadamia (with a sprinkle of salt). It always surprises us when we hear that someone hasn't tried this combo before. It really is one of the best. The salt adds that little extra somethin' somethin'.
These cookies are crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, packed full of almond meal, coconut and MCT oil, they're also gluten free, sugar free and super easy to make!
You will need:
1. Pre-heat oven to 170 d C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Add the almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt (we used a salt grinder and spun it 2-3 times) into a medium sized bowl. Mix to combine.
3. Next, melt the coconut oil, and make a well in the centre of dry ingredients. Add the coconut + MCT oil along with the stevia/rice malt, egg and vanilla. Mix to combine.
4. If the mixture is too wet, then add a couple of extra tablespoons of almond meal. If it is too dry, then mix though additional coconut oil. It should keep its shape when rolled into a ball, however should be nice and moist.
5. Add in the chocolate chunks. Make sure to add these last, otherwise they'll melt and lose their shape. Add any optional extras!
6. Using a tablespoon, roll mixture into equal sizes and then pop onto a lined baking tray
7. Flatten cookies ever so slightly.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the edges are starting to firm up. Remove from oven and cool on tray.
** Niulife recommends replacing these ingredients with either Niulife Organic Coconut Sugar or Niulife Organic Coconut Syrup.
Thanks to our friends at Health Food Project for this delicious, power-fuelled recipe!